Mandate & Rules
The Coronation Minor Hockey Association is a member of the Hamilton Minor Hockey Council and is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for children of all ages to play minor hockey from a home base at the Coronation Arena on Macklin St in West Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
The Mandate and Guiding Principles of Coronation Minor Hockey Association (CMHA) shall be to:
- Foster, promote and teach amateur hockey within the City of Hamilton in general and in the West End of Hamilton in particular. To preserve the philosophy of recreational hockey offering all eligible players the maximum opportunity to participate.
- Promote, organize and conduct all team competition in the area of operation to the maximum of playing accommodation and financial resources and to administer the program through a group of appointed and elected volunteers.
- Develop and encourage sportsmanship, community spirit and good fellowship all participants and members for the betterment of the physical, mental and social well-being of all players and volunteers.
- Provide a healthy environment for all members and players where verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated. As such, through procedures set out in the By-Laws, the CMHA will take action against obscene and profane language and threatening, menacing or intimidating behaviour.
- Provide a safe environment for all players. As such, all conveners, coaches, assistant coaches, managers and trainers must agree to obtain a police clearance from the local police service every three (3) years.
- Provide members the right to voice their concerns and/or appeal decisions made through procedures set out for such purposes in the By-Laws of CMHA Inc.
- Sponsor and promote athletic, social and other activities as may contribute to the betterment and financial position of CMHA Inc.
- Affiliate with and support the activities of the Hamilton Minor Hockey Council and the Recreational House League Committee for the good of minor hockey in the City of Hamilton.
The CMHA Convenor Guidelines can be downloaded here.
The CMHA Rules of Play can be downloaded here. [includes details on Appeals process]
The CMHA ByLaws can be downloaded here.
The CMHA Constitution can be downloaded here.
The RHL (Recreational House League) Constitution can be downloaded here.
The HMHC Constitution can be downloaded here and the HMHC By-Laws can be downloaded here.
Contact the CMHA President at [email protected].