Respect in Sport
All players born 2004 or later must have 1 Parent per Family complete the new Alliance Parent Respect in Sport Certification. Families must complete this requirement before their player's first game of the season. This generally applies to all players new to hockey as this is a prerequisite for the HMH Initiation Program.
The Respect in Sport Parent Program is an online certification program designed to protect our youth as well as enhance ALLIANCE Hockey’s mandate of providing a safe and fun environment for all participants. It is Canada’s leading online bullying, abuse, harassment, and neglect prevention program for parents.
Respect in Sport Parent Program:
A program providing information on parents' natural influence over a child, the coach or leader’s role in an activity, the role parents play in their child's enjoyment of a sport or activity, and protecting your child when they are outside of your immediate control. The program also provides parents with tools to evaluate their own behavior by highlighting 5 key "behavioral traps" frequently exhibited by parents, particularly in competitive sports. It demonstrates negative behaviors and provides ideas of how a situation may be better handled, includes valuable information from subject matter experts delivered in a clear and concise fashion, and asks questions of parents based on scenarios presented.
Specific topics include:
• 5 common negative parent behaviors
• Child development/nutrition and hydration/rest/injuries
• Interacting with coaches, officials, and other parents
One Parent or Caregiver per Family needs to Complete the course.
If you aren’t sure if you completed it or not contact:
Note: This requirement is separate from the Coach/Trainer Respect in Sport program. 1 Parent per Family must complete the new Alliance Parent Respect in Sport Certification regardless if there is a parent in the family that has completed the Coach/Trainer Respect in Sport program.
Respect in Sport for Parents Instructions
Link for parents who have not taken the course before:
- Select "New to this program - Click here to Register now".
- A new window will open - select the top middle icon for "Respect in Sports for Parents". Then select "New user. I've never taken one of these programs before".
- A new window will open - select the option on the right for "I am completing this as a parent with a child in sport".
- Account information - for simplicity, enter your Hockey Canada username and password that you created, and other information on the online form.
- Select "Add a Child to your Profile" to open a new window. Enter your child's name and date of birth and your address. Under Association, click the "+" and scroll down to find "Hamilton HL - Coronation" and click the box on the left to add a green check mark. Click "Save / Save and Add Child" at the bottom.
- A new window will appear that says there is a Match to your child's name in the Hockey Canada Registry. Click the box with his name and select "Continue Match to Selected Profile".
- Select "I'm not a Robot", and then "SUBMIT REGISTRATION".
- Click near the top bar on the tab called "PROGRAM ACCCESS" which will open a page regarding payment. Select the "Pay Now" and you'll be directed to pay the $12 using PayPal or credit card. The training course will then begin.
Follow the course to the end and then the certificate will be added to your child's Hockey Canada profile. You can start and stop the training course any time - you just need to login again to continue.
If you have completed the course already for another child in organized hockey…Login to this website: https://alliancehockeyparent.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/ and locate the certificate and then add to your child's profile using this link: https://alliancehockeyparent.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/lookup-profile.jsp
Contact [email protected] with any questions.